Thursday, February 25, 2016

Fun Brain! (Web 2.0 tool Review)

I've mentioned before I love that I am able to use the things I learn in my classes here at National Louis almost instantly. This week we got to learn about Web 2.0 tools. We were able to pick a tool, use it, and review it. I picked  Fun Brain Jr. to aid in teaching my students simple addition.

I have two students who normally hate doing any math related work, they are easily frustrated, and break-out in tears midway through the assignment. Thanks to FunBrain Jr. all of my students were extremely excited to be doing math. I was able to walk around and help students who needed help, the exciting responses from the program when they got an answer correct motivated them to keep going. I added some manipulatives so they could physically see the numbers as well.

I think FunBrain Jr is a great tool, I even came home and downloaded the app on my daughters tablet, she as well is finding learning fun thanks to funbrain jr.

Here is a link to Fun Brain this is a similar sight for older children

http://www.funbrain.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment